Miller's Kettle Corn - A Healthy Choice For Work And Play

TASTE THE DIFFERENCE

Official Supplier To:
Scotiabank Centre
 Hfx Exhibition Centre 
Halifax International Airport


Nutritional
 
  • Popcorn has more protein than any other cereal grain. It also has more iron than eggs or roast beef. It has more than pretzels or potato chips.
 
  • Kettle corn is a low calorie & healthy snack food; oil-popped is only 55 calories per cup and contains 1.3 of
 
  • With suggestions from such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Dietetic Association (ADA), there's no doubt popcorn is a perfectly sensible snack to fit into any meal/fitness plan.
 
  •  Popcorn providing roughage the body needs in . 
 
  •  Popcorn has no artificial additives or preservatives,
 
  • Kettle corn is a whole grain in the same league as oatmeal, barley, brown rice, and millet.  It contains a fair amount
 
  • Compared to most snack foods, Kettlecorn is low in calories.
 
 
 
Strange Facts About Popcorn
 
  • Early times popcorn was used to make beer and soup.
 
  • Bizarre popcorn flavors include Beer-flavored Pub-Corn, Yo-Pop’s Butterfinger Crunch Popcorn, KukuRuZa’s Buffalo Blue Cheese Popcorn, Popcorn Palace’s Jalapeno popcorn, Jolly Time’s Mallow Magic Yummy Marshmallow Flavor Microwave Popcorn, Popcorn Pavilion’s Brown Butter & Sea Salt Popcorn, Kernel Encore’s Pumpkin popcorn, Popcornopolis’ Cupcake popcorn, and 479˚ Popcorn’s Black Truffle and White Cheddar popcorn.
 
  • Popcorn has been sold in since 1912.
 
  • Maize (corn) is the second largest crop in the world.
 
 
 
What is Popcorn? How is it grown and harvested? How does it pop?
 
 
  • Popcorn seed will germinate in about seven days and will emerge from the soil in 10 days. The moisture in the soil dissolves important elements for the plant such as nitrogen, phosphate and potash. The popcorn roots absorb this nutrient rich moisture to "feed" the seed and cause it to germinate. When the sun shines on the new leaves, the green chlorophyll in the leaf contains water, which is combined with the carbon dioxide in the air, creating sugar. The plant uses the sugar to build more leaves and roots, and eventually ears of popcorn. This process is called photosynthesis.
 
  • " is Kettlecorn lingo that refers to the percentage of kernels that pop.
 
  • Most of the popcorn eaten around the world is grown in the United States.
 
  • As the popcorn plant grows, the stalk will reach approximately eight feet in height and produce long, green leaves. Popcorn requires 18-24 inches of water during the growing season. As the plant grows, it begins to produce ears of corn, covered with a green husk.
 
  • Popcorn, like all six types of corn, is a cereal grain and originates from a wild grass. Its scientific name is and it is the only type of corn to actually pop.
 
  • A kernel of popcorn contains just a small amount of water. When these kernels are heated, the water turns to steam and the kernels “pop.” Popcorn is different than many other grains because its shell is not water permeable, making it possible for pressure to build up until the kernel finally explodes.
 
  • Most of the world's popcorn is grown in the United States corn belt of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska and Ohio. Each spring, farmers use a corn planter to place the popcorn seeds about 1½ inches deep and 6 inches apart in the soil. That's nearly 28,000 seeds per acre.
 
  • How pop?
    Up to 3 feet in the air.
 
  • Approximately 70% of popcorn sold in America is eaten in the home. The other 30% is eaten stadiums, school, etc.